The Alpha school comes under the governance of the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority) here in Dubai. For new students just arriving in to Dubai (or are entering a KHDA registered School for the first time) and wishing to gain admittance to an established school, then each child must first have legal residence here in the UAE.
The KHDA requires that all students are registered with on admittance to school for the first time.
There are 2 steps:
1. Emirates ID card Registration: To register your child you should provide all the required documents (see annex 1 below) and submit the original Emirates ID cards to the admissions office for KHDA card reading.
2. KHDA Parent School Contract: All parents are then required to digitally sign the KHDA parent School Contract which is published after KHDA card registration has been completed.
Documents required with your Application:
- Student Passport Photo ( Please also provide a passport photo of each parent/guardian)
- Previous School Report
- Letter of Enrolment from your child’s current school
- Student Passport Copy (*) • Student UAE Visa Copy (*)
- Emirates Identity Card (*) – copy of both sides of the card
- Main Sponsor’s or Parent’s Emirates Identity Card (*) – copy of both sides of the card
- Original Transfer Certificate: If Coming from outside of Dubai / overseas: Original document for Year 2 and upwards only, including school stamp, signature, and attestation as applicable.
- Birth Certificate (in English or Arabic) • DHA Immunization Consent Form (Year 1 upwards)
- Vaccination & Immunisation Record Copy
(*) Child’s Passport & UAE Residence Visa & ID Card should be valid for at least 6 months from 1st September of admission Year.
Transfer Certificate Policy
TAS is governed by the rules and regulations of Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), the regulatory authority in Dubai. Placement in a Year Group from Year 2 onwards is based on the Transfer Certificate provided at the time of Application.
Applicants for Foundation 1 to Year 1 are placed according to the age norms stipulated by UK National Curriculum.
Students transferring from:
- A country in Africa, South Africa, the Middle East (except for UAE), South and Central America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Russia and the CIS, need to provide an original transfer certificate attested by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UAE Embassy in that country.
- A country in North America, UK, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand need to provide an original transfer certificate on the last school’s letterhead, signed and stamped.
- An Emirate in the UAE, need to provide an original transfer certificate in Arabic on the last school’s letterhead, signed and stamped, and attested by the Ministry of Education in that Emirate.
- A school within Dubai, need to provide a Transfer Certificate (not attested) from the previous school. The previous school needs to be informed that the student is transferring to our school, so the previous school can electronically transfer the child via the KHDA’s online portal.
Note, all Transfer Certificates must be in the correct format, signed and stamped (attested), as necessary, in order for your child to be registered at UAE Ministry of Education and the KHDA.
Registration of students is subject to the approval of the Ministry of Education and KHDA. Please note that without the Transfer Certificate it will not be possible to legally register your child in school or with the Ministry of Education or KHDA.
For a template of the Transfer Certificate (for your school's use) and advice on attestation, please call the school registrar.